Saturday, May 23, 2009

Goldie Of The Day. . .Part 1. [5/23]

First off let me just say, females do NOT sing like this anymore, lyrics DEFINETELY don't mean as much anymore. Bands don't play like this anymore, and music doesn't move me in this way anymore. This little doozie is from a lovely lady named Alicia Myers and the name of the song is "I Want To Thank You". It was released in 1981 off of her LP "I Fooled You This Time", and I must say, I never thought singing a whole song about keeping yourself until God sent you the right person would sound so fucking ILL! Thats basically what the song is about, and her runs are EFFORTLESS! But on the production note...WHERE DO I START?! First off when the song starts off you get the bass, kick drum with the light guitar riffs and a little piano that transcends into deep grand piano chords, the guitar riffs stop the kick stays with a "1, 2, 1, 2" rhythm on the drums with the funky ass mellow bass undertone. This is music at its finest, this dude made me an instrumental sampled off this song some time ago, maybe i'll post my ill spittage sometime soon huh?

For now, heres Alicia giving thanks to the most high, because she knows it couldn't have happened...."WITHOUT YOOOUUU" I love this type of shit, if you can't get with it then too bad for your sorry no taste having pitiful asses. Bet money your parents are going to say "What you know about that?"


MAKE SURE TO HIT THE HQ BUTTON! (who you know that can analyze music like that btw?)

Tell 'em blizzie sent cha.


No comments:

Post a Comment