Sunday, May 17, 2009

Looks Like I'm Up To Bat. . .

okay, so I've been sitting on this post for about 11 DAYS NOW..miss me? I know you do.

So I was getting ready to go to sleep after my last post about the burberry early mother's day morning(happy belated btw), and I GOT THIS THINNGGG where I HAVE TO, and I mean HAVE TO go to sleep watching this internet stream channel called Looney Tunes 24/7. It has ALLLLL the oldie-but-goodies from Looney Tunes(even the racist sambo jazz band cartoons). ANYWHOM! So I was half-sleep and I for some reason I opened my eyes and looked at the laptop screen, and to my delight, I saw the most divine animation I've ever seen! The art was so amazing, in a way it reminded me of fashion sketches before they're actually made into clothing(like the slim lady at the end of the cartoon for instance.) So for the past couple days i've been doing my research on about this fascinating style of art. It's called "Art Deco" which was an art movement involving a mix of modern decorative art styles, largely of the 1920s and 1930s, whose main characteristics were derived from various avant-garde painting styles of the early twentieth century. Art deco works exhibit aspects of Cubism, Russian Constructivism and Italian Futurism, it surrounds distortion, simplification, and abstraction specifically an intense hue of color and geometric shaping.

Guess what building this is?

If any of you nutfucks said the empire state building kill yourself.

Its the Chrysler Building of good ol' NYC! The spire of the building was inspired by Art Deco when it was constructed. Bet you didn't know that..

Anywhom so basically I woke up that morning and was actually inspired learn about something new and make this post because of a CARTOON(I guess good does come from watching them mindlessly sometimes huh?). Sooo, without further adieu, heres the interesting cartoon(in my opinion) from 1936. It's called "Page Miss Glory" the moderne art(deco) was concieved by Leadora Congdon. It looks like a drawing fresh out of a page of a vintage "The New Yorker". Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment